Jio Meet vs. Zoom: The Background
Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, the work environment has become virtual sitting inside the home. Most peoples are working through messaging app WhatsApp as well as video conferencing app Zoom. But, due to some privacy issues, peoples want to switch another safe app like JioMeet. Zoom had 12.92 million monthly active users, up 21% since the end of 2019.
Along with this matter, Reliance Jio has launched its video conferencing app Jio Meet which is almost similar to the zoom app. Zoom app had more than 100 million downloads worldwide.
Jio Meet is already available in both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Both video conferencing apps JioMeet and Zoom, have lots of similarities and very few differences. Let’s start to know which is better in Jio Meet and Zoom according to features.
Jiomeet vs. Zoom
Zoom used for study and official purposes, whereas JioMeet mainly focused on enterprises instead of regular users. Like zoom, it also works on the email address. Jio Meet asks for the company domain, but the user can register individually by creating Jio Meet ID and also mail ID. Users can use it both from smartphones and Laptops.
Zoom provides the best security for paid users only. A regular user may face security and privacy problem. Due to the lousy atmosphere between India and China, India has banned 59 Chinese apps, including Zoom. As an alternative to zooming, many other apps are present in the Play Store, such as Google Meet, Cisco Webex, Jitsi Meet, and so on. In this situation, understanding the marketing need, Reliance has launched Jiomeet. It gets favoured in a short time, and it has downloaded more than one million times.
Both the app JioMeet and Zoom has a lot of similarities as well as differences. Let’s compare the apps and discuss the similarities and differences.
Similarities in JioMeet vs. Zoom
There are a lot of similarities between JioMeet and Zoom that stated below.
- The design of these two video conferencing apps is nearly the same. Jio Meet has a simple user interface, just like Zoom. Even the representation colour is the same i.e., blue, one is light, and the other is dark.
- Both Zoom and Jio Meet support a 1:1 video call with a large group of up to 100 participants. In both apps, the meeting is password-protected, and the host can only permit to join the meeting.
- Zoom is famous for providing an infinite number of enterprise-grade host control facilities. The similar feature you will get in Jio Meet.
- Both Jio Meet and Zoom give an HD video conference call.
Differences in Jio Meet vs. Zoom
There are a lot of exclusive features present in Jiomeet compared with the Zoom app.
- Both Jiomeet and Zoom support video conferences taking up to 100 participants, but the timing is different. In Jio Meet user can be connected up to 24 hours, whereas in the zoom, the meeting will continue for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes of duration, the session will automatically end and pursue further hosts have to start the conference again. But in Jio Meet, the user can attend a meeting continuously for up to 24 hours.
- Jiomeet supports multi-device login. It means that users can switch up to five devices during an ongoing call. This is a new feature that is not present in Zoom. It helps the user to continue their meeting via safe driving mode.
- Security infrastructure is one of the primary concerns in online service. Users already faced security issues from Zoom. But Zoom provides a lot of security updates. Though Zoom introduced end-to-end encryption, Zoom also noted that Zoom would give the best security only to its paid users. Due to unsatisfactory over the security, Indian Governments advised avoiding using the Zoom app.
- The paid plan for zoom starts at $14.99 i.e., 1,120 rupees per month, per host for up to 9 hosts. Whereas Jio Meet has not announced such paid plans till now.
- For large enterprises, Zoom allows up to 1000 participants in a single meeting, whereas Jio Meet has not disclosed any updates.
- Zoom has to provide end-to-end encryption with both paid and free users, whereas Jio Meet conducted video conferencing with encryption. But there is no clearance about the encryption, whether it is end-to-end or not. For free and limited user Jio Meet is better, whereas, for a more extensive and flexible meeting, the zoom is preferable.
User Experience of Jiomeet and Zoom
The user experience of both these apps is quite similar. Both apps can download from the Play Store as well as the App Store. Jiomeet can be downloaded from their official website too.
In Jiomeet, users can schedule meetings previously. The host can create a password-protected session and create a waiting room. The maximum video quality set up to 720p in Jio Meet. Zoom has also provided the same features. Jio Meet is better for free and limited users, whereas for a more extensive and more flexible meeting, the zoom is preferable.
So, this is all and, we make sure that you have gained some knowledge about two video conferencing app Zoom and JioMeet by this comprehensive information. There are many other video conferencing apps in the Google Play Store and the App Store, but as an Indian alternative app, Jio Meet is better than Zoom.
At last, if you like our content and efforts behind it, please share this post with your lovable persons and help them to know about better video conferencing app Jio Meet vs. Zoom. If you have any queries or extra information, please feel free to comment below.