After the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of India (GOI) initiated the PM Cares Fund, where celebrities and citizens can donate in relief funds. Many Well Known personalities have announced their donations to fight Covid-19 Pandemic. The donations announced by the celebrities are much appreciated by the common people as the celebrities are donating from their own money. The politicians are donating from their Constituency funds, MP-LADS.
The names of the Well Known personalities that have pledged to donate to fight Coronavirus and the amount donated is listed below:
Further Initiatives are taken by Notable Personalities
- Actor Hrithik Roshan has provided N95 and FFP3 masks for the BMC workers and other caretakers. Actresses Alia Bhatt and Sara Ali Khan have pledged to donate for COVID-19 Pandemic but have not revealed the amount. Similarly, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra have pledged to donate to fight this pandemic. Actor Prakash Raj also pledges to donate.
- Indian Cricket Team Captain Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma have pledged to support the PM Cares Fund and MaharashtraCM’s Relief Fund but have decided not to reveal the amount.
- Filmmaker Karan Johar, actor Sonam Kapoor, Ayushman Khurrana, and few others also vowed support but have not disclosed the amount they are donating.
- Bollywood superstar Salman Khan will help 25,000-odd daily wage workers of the film industry whose lives have been disturbed by the current national lockdown.
- Actress Shilpa Shetty and her husband Raj Kundra have pledged to donate Rs 21 lakhs to PM-Cares Fund. Bhushan Kumar, head of the film studio T-Series, will donate Rs 11 crore. T.V. host and actor Maniesh Paul will donate Rs. 20 lakh in the PM Care Fund to fight Coronavirus
- “Kabir Singh” movie producer Murad Khetani pledges to donate Rs 25 lakh to PM-Cares and 25 lakhs in the Maharashtra Relief Fund. Famous Indian Fashion Designer-Sabyasachi Mukherjee has pledged to donate Rs 1 crore of his funds to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) and Rs 50 lakhs to West Bengal’s CM Relief Fund.
- Sharukh Khan along his wife Gauri Khan pledged to supply 50,000 Personal Protective Equipment for health professionals. This will be done through his The KKR franchise and NGO Meer Foundation. Meer Foundation in collab with Working People’s Charter will provide necessary and grocery items for a month to over 2500 daily wage earners in the capital city, Delhi.
- Companies like Paytm and Mc Donald’s have partnered together and are doing what they can amidst this crisis. Paytm will be providing hygiene products and masks to police, health workers, and people are on the field to keep things right for us. Mc Donald’s will make burgers and veg wraps to supply the same to essential workers. Paytm says that they will ensure in delivering these packages in all major cities as.