In the era of technology, with a smartphone, almost everyone is aware of TikTok and YouTube. YouTube is older than TikTok, and the second-best search engine after Google. Whereas TikTok is an almost new app. But it records the highest number of installs within a short period. Today we will give small comparative information about TikTok and YouTube. But our primary focus is the way to earn money online.
After the CarryMinati’s roast video against TikTok, the phrase “TikTok vs YouTube” becomes viral. Many controversies between Indian YouTubers and TikTokers are there. But today we are discussing this only based on the way to earn money online. Visitors watch a video and earn money in India can be possible – the way to earn money online is the focused part of today’s topic.
Statistics of TikTok
- Worldwide there are 800 million active users in TikTok. It is the 9th social network site. Instagram took six years whereas TikTok managed to gain 150 million active users under three years.
- In 2019, TikTok was one of the most downloaded apps and it passed over 1.5 billion download marks. TikTok was downloaded 614 million times between the months of January to November. It ranks at seventh place.
- In the Apple app store, TikTok is also the most downloaded app. With 33 million downloads, it is in fourth place on the list of most downloaded non-game apps in the year 2019.
- TikTok is mostly used in India and 277.6 million downloads have done which is 45% of the total number of downloads. In India, 41% of TikTok users are aged between 16 to 24.
- According to a survey, it is found that TikTok users spend up to 52 minutes per day that is an average time. TikTok is available in 155 countries where 68% of users watch videos and 55% upload their own videos.
How to Earn from TikTok?
TikTok does not provide any revenue directly to the content creator. No matter how many videos made or uploaded by the video creators, that makes no money. But that doesn’t mean that it’s not a way to earn money. You can make money with it in the following way.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a platform where short video creating and uploading can be possible. Users can make 3 to 15-sec videos with various effects, music, and others. TikTok is an entirely free platform to use. It is available for both Android users and iOS users. It has 500 million monthly active users all over the world.
Earn Money from TikTok emoji
The best way to earn money from TikTok is to live stream and emoji. In TikTok, you get an option of live streaming just like YouTube. Here, TikTok has provided emojis. TikTok users can send these emojis to their favorite TikToker for encouraging. Users need to buy it from TikTok as these are not free of cost. These emojis are count as coins for the content creator. The creator has to collect these emojis through their videos. And at the month-end, they can convert these collected emojis to money and take out – these coins stars from 100 to 10,000. According to a survey, it is found that 3.5 million dollars spent by the user in Oct. 2018.
Making TikTok videos is a way to earn money through in-house purchases. TikTok offers to promote Ads of small & large brands. It helps the user to display their brand and earn money from TikTok. In TikTok, by clicking on the Ads, merchants/advertisers are charged just like Google AdSense. TikTok charges advertise for 1000 impressions and, Advertiser paid to TikTok.
Company’s gifts as TikTok money for users
Based on popularity, creativity, fan following TikTok Company provides gifts. This gift is not a fixed source of earning. But it is still a good step to encourage the content creator. It is only possible when the creator has a huge fan following and popularity for their creative content.
Earn money based on sponsorship and popularity
Like YouTube, sponsored videos also can be uploaded in TikTok. As a TikToker, when the content creator has a massive fan following, he can sponsor any product or service. The company finds someone with an influential fan base so that they can give sponsorship of their product to them. So, their product advertisement will move up to maximum persons.
TikTok is one of the fundraising processes of collecting money by requesting donations from charity foundations. Also, with an immense reputation and a massive audience, the content creator can influence more for product or service. So, you can get away to earn money from it.
YouTube – Highlights
- Worldwide there are 2 billion users on YouTube. It is the 2nd most popular social network platform. Almost 79% of internet user has their YouTube account.
- It is observed that 90% of YouTube users are aged 18 to 44. Also, it is found that 51% of peoples over the 75 age use YouTube for watching videos.
- YouTube is a continuously growing social media platform. So that marketers consider YouTube as one of the best video marketing platforms. YouTube is rated eight out of ten in video marketing and next to Facebook.
- On the basis of 8.4 minutes per day per person, the total watch time of YouTube videos is about 1 billion hours a day. In a study, it is found that 500 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube per minute worldwide. So, mathematically in every hour, the video upload density is 30,000 hours of video, and every day it stands up to 720,000 hours of video.
- Near about 62% of businesses use YouTube as a platform to post their content. All over 90% of new products are discovered via YouTube. It is the most popular platform for digital viewers.
How to earn from YouTube?
YouTube does not provide any revenue directly to the content creator. No matter how many videos made or uploaded, how many subscribers, how many views-likes-comments are there, that makes no money for YouTubers. But that doesn’t mean that it is not a way to earn money. You can make money with it in the following way.
What is YouTube?
YouTube is a significant social platform and the second search engine after Google. Here you can get everything. Many peoples make their content and upload on YouTube for earning money. These peoples are known as YouTubers. Indian YouTubers are most creative and thriving all over the world. At the starting, they also faced many problems, but with the time they habituate it. And now they are at the top levels.
Not everyone can be YouTubers. To be a YouTuber, you need a chasing wish. To fulfill this you can surpass your limits, only then you can be successful not only on YouTube but everywhere also.
YouTube provides a monetization process from where people can be a YouTube partner and show ads on their videos. This monetization is the way to earn money from YouTube. There are some rules, and you have to fulfill these rules to start monetization on your YouTube channel; otherwise, monetization will not run.
- You have to be 18 years old or have a guardian to handle payment from AdSense.
- Create content according to advertiser-friendly.
- You have to create Google AdSense for Earning Money
- You have to be 18 years old.
- Your channel needs more than 30,000 subscribers.
- Most trusted and Your engaging content for your YouTube Channel
- You have to be 18 years old.
- You need more than 10,000subscribers.
- You have an official website to display your product on your channel.
Super Chat and Super Stickers
- You have to be 18 years old.
- Super chat and the super sticker is the most popular earning media for YouTube for the Gaming channel.
- You have to live in a region or country where Super chat and Super Sticker facility is available.
To start AdSense, you need a minimum of 1000 subscribers and an overall 4000 hour watch time. Then only Google starts showing Ads in your video. If any viewer watches your video and clicks on that ad, then only YouTuber is benefited. YouTuber will get up to 55% from that Ad click, and the rest will be taken by YouTube. Number of Subscribers, like doesn’t matter in monetizing. This helps only for engaging the content. So that video will reach up to the maximum viewer, and the chance of Ad click gets an increase.
Marketing on YouTube
Promoting products or devices on a YouTube channel will make a profit for YouTubers. Many companies provide their product or device sponsorship to the famous Indian YouTubers with a massive fan following. It will help the company in their sales, and also it makes a way to earn money.
Also, there is a new feature besides the “subscription” button, i.e. “Join.” It is a joining program to your favorite YouTubers where you can get their premium videos at first. To join this program, viewers have to pay some money based on weeks, months, or years. This money directly goes up to YouTuber. So YouTube creates a new way to earn money. But it is only possible when your YouTube is channel is accessible. If you have huge fans and your content makes the viewer connected to you, then only the “Join” option is profitable.
Final Words for Tiktok vs YouTube
In general, if you are finding a way to earn money, then YouTube provides more options compared to TikTok. TikTok is mainly for entertaining, whereas YouTube is far beyond that. YouTube is far old than TikTok and YouTube have its functionalities.
In short, no comparison can be made between TikTok and YouTube. As these both have their functionalities with their different fan base. The only similarity, you can find is that both are video creating and sharing platforms. But there are lots of differences in the functions such as the interaction of peoples with videos, making money and rest.
Every day people spend billions of hours on YouTube. Moreover, YouTube is a search engine that provides information with a video. Also, YouTube has a wide variety of content which is not in TikTok. So that many companies promoting their products on YouTube, not in TikTok.
At last, if you like our content and efforts behind it, please share this post with your lovable persons. If you want to know anything, then feel free to comment below.