The word digital marketing is ubiquitous; we hear about it in almost all the industries, all the social media platforms. But hearing about something and knowing about that thing are two separate notions. In this article, we will tell you all about digital marketing salary from the digital marketing syllabus, digital marketing course, digital marketing process, and the future of digital marketing.
- The average fees in India to do other courses such as Bachelors in Business or MBA or PGDM ranges between 10K to 1 Lac, 17K to 7 Lac, and 1Lac to 2.5 Lac respectively.
- Digital marketing courses come handy and can be done online. Platforms like google give certification in digital marketing for free
- According to reports, the digital marketing salary for different job roles in the field are as follows
- On average, a Digital Marketing Manager earns rupees 575K per annum.
- A Digital Marketing Specialist earns a total of rupees 347K per annum.
- On average, a Digital Marketing Associate earns rupees 293K per annum.
What is Digital Marketing? Check Digital Marketing Salary and scope
Digital marketing is advertising done through digital channels, web applications, mobile applications, social media, email websites and search engines. To put this into simple terms, digital marketing refers to marketing or advertising products or services through online platforms and web applications. Scope of Digital Marketing is huge, and Digital Marketing Salary is lucrative.
There are nine types of digital marketing, each having its scope, principles and salary in digital marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO
- Search Engine Marketing or SEM
- Social media marketing
- Content Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Phone Advertising
Other than this there is offline marketing also, done through radio, televisions, banners, posters. The average digital marketing salary is between – Rs 2,40,000 to 6,00,000. It can go as high as Rs 10,00,000 and more with experience.
Scope Of Digital Marketing
Consumption and technology form the basis of our generation, there so many things completely dependent on technology. With the evolution and change in our lifestyles consumption and technology have now become two sides of a coin. Therefore the scope of digital marketing has increased dramatically. With an increase in scope, the Digital Marketing Salary is also decent enough these days.
The reason for this growth in the field of digital marketing is also attributed to the fact that nowadays digital marketing or marketing, in general, involves customer satisfaction, the relationship has extended beyond the idea of buying and selling, it now includes management of customer relationships, their comfort and delight.
There are a multiplicity of fields where marketing is a huge requirement, such as:
1) Goods – This can include consumer goods, industrial goods and agricultural produce
2) Services – The services can be provided with goods or independently. The services are financial and non- financial services, group ot personal services.
3) Ideas and Information – Scope of digital marketing also constitutes advertising of information and ideas, the creation of products and dispensing of services is also symbolic of the development of new ideas and information and therefore ideas and information also become marketable
4) Properties – We see flexes, banners and posters to advertise the property for sale, this advertising of property now can be done online, in the form of digital marketing by giving people best deals and prices.
5) Organization – Business organization, educational institutions, artistic units, also advertise about the facilities and services they provide through the medium of digital marketing.
6) Places – Tourism generates a lot of income and employment everywhere, people from across the globe visit places and historical monuments. Therefore digital marketing is of utmost importance in promoting tourism.
7) Events – Every year, some events are organized on a large scale, such as trade fairs, artistic performance, literary fest, general body meeting, all these events also require digital marketing to promote, advertise and increase the reach of these events.
Digital Marketing Salary
With the advancements in the field of digital marketing and widened scope of digital marketing, there is a great demand for people with the know-how is digital marketing. Digital marketing salary depends upon a number of factors such as Qualifications, Years of Experience in the field of digital marketing, Skill, Organisation, City or Country. These factors play a key role in determining digital marketing salary and scope of digital marketing. For instance, if a person is working in Tier 1 city like Bangalore, then the pay will be higher than those who work in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
There are various roles in the field of digital marketing upon which the Digital Marketing salary of an individual depends. The figures mentioned below are the statistics taken from Payscale and Glassdoor:
- A digital marketing manager in India earns on an average Rs 8,09,777 per annum; the salary ranges from Rs 4,00,000 – 18,00,000 depending upon certain factors such as Certification in Digital Marketing, Qualifications, Years of experience and Place of Residence as mentioned above.
- Pay Per Click Analyst – The person should have technical and analytical skills, has to maintain the keywords and manage the advertisements on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, they are also responsible for carrying out a monthly budget and improve quality score, along with these skills an individual should also have the knowledge of analytical tools. The average salary of a PPC analyst with one-year work experience in India is Rs 2,50,000 per annum. With the growth in experience, skill and knowledge, salary in digital marketing for PPC analysts can also grow up to Rs 6,00,000 per annum.
- Social Media Analyst/Executive – Should know how to monitor different trends in social media tools, strategy, applications and designs. Along with this, it is imperative for the social media executive/analyst to know how to curate content which is engaging and connects with a wide number of people. The digital marketing salary for the social media executive ranges from Rs 1,50,000 to 3,50,000 approximately. As mentioned earlier, the salary in digital media for the variety of roles vary depending upon the skills, qualification and years of experience, therefore for the role of Social media executive, salary increases with the years of experience in the field. The average digital marketing salary for the role of a social media manager is more than Rs 5,00,000 per annum, and it keeps increasing and can also reach up to Rs 10,00,000 per annum.
- Content marketing – The content marketer deals with content circulated on various web platforms, blogs. An individual should also manage the content distribution to online channels and social media platforms. The digital marketing salary for content advertising ranges between Rs 2,00,000 to 4,00,000 per annum for all those who have 3 or less than 3 years of experience in the field. Content marketing managers earn more than Rs 6,00,000 per annum, and with the years, this digital marketing salary for this role can further grow up to Rs 10,00,000 and in some cases may be more than that.
Digital Marketing Syllabus
For us to excel in a subject, in a field, it is very important for us to know in detail about the subject, its syllabus, course and duration. Let us now quickly check out the Digital Marketing Syllabus. An important thing to note down here is that the digital marketing syllabus is never fixed, it keeps changing, and therefore we have to be updated with the latest syllabus of digital marketing.
1) Introduction to digital marketing – This consists of the complete information about digital marketing, its various types, the differences and commonalities between different types of digital marketing, its concepts, how it evolved, types of search engines, how a search engine works, types of tools used for digital marketing
2) Domain Registration and Hosting – This comprises domain and subdomain name, about parts of the domain, consists in great detail about the protocol, IP address, web hosting and importance of server security along with costs of the domain name and SSL certification.
3) Website Design Guidelines – This subject gives a detailed introduction to an individual about what is a website, its different types, the difference between webpage and website and blog and website, the purpose of creating a website and components of a website.
4) Search Engine Optimization – This field consists of the introduction and understanding of SEO, how search engines work, basics of SEO, Difference between On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO, this subject also explains about the outbound link, backlinks and difference between do-follow and no-follow links.
5) Content Writing – This field includes an introduction to content writing, different types of contents, explains how to write SEO optimized content, how to improve writing skills, understanding audience, Anchor texts, using Attractive Titles and Headings and how to write for users and not for google.
Along with this digital marketing syllabus also includes Facebook marketing, Linkedin marketing, Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Algorithms, Keyword Research and Planning, Youtube Marketing, E-commerce marketing, Geo-Targeting, Google AdWords, Photo Editing. All of these are very important and considered an integral part of digital marketing syllabus. This also emphasizes the scope of marketing.
Digital Marketing Books
When it comes to knowing things, books play a key role in educating us and since there are a plethora of digital marketing books. It is imperative to know some of the most important books written by experts in the subject. Below is the list of books recommended for making digital marketing comprehensive:
- Digital Marketing for Dummies by Ryan Deiss and Russ Henessbery 2017
- Don’t make me think Revisited by Steve Krug
- Google AdWords for Beginners: A Do It Yourself Guide to PPC Advertising by Cory Rabazinsky
- Social Media Marketing All-In-One For Dummies by Jan Zimmerman
- Introduction to Programmatic Advertising by Dominik Kosorin
Books give a different perspective, various interpretations and detailed analysis, and these books in digital marketing open up a whole new world of learning.
Digital Marketing Course and Certification
Institutions that impart knowledge and skills in Digital marketing are of utmost importance because these institutions form the basis and foundation of development and an individual depends upon these institutions to churn out the best for them. In the list let us first talk about the Google Digital Marketing Certification from Google Digital Garage.
This is an online platform initiated by Google to provide a Google Digital Marketing Certification free of cost, which makes it such an attractive offer. People all over the country can take this course online; there are no nationality restrictions. This course provides an authentic Google Digital Marketing Certification from Google. Such certifications will help increasing Digital Marketing salary.
The reason why digital marketing is immensely popular and gaining so much importance in recent years is attributed to the fact that it is so versatile, and all-pervasive from media, to property and events, digital marketing has now established itself everywhere. As mentioned earlier, the foundation for the development of all these skills is really very important, and institutions have a definitive role to play in this.
Kolkata has been an epicentre of trade and commerce, and with the change in time, Kolkata has established itself as a great name and place in the field of education and charting a range of career opportunities for students. Kolkata has gained huge popularity as a centre of digital marketing, with the best of faculty, classroom training, personalized teaching, personality enhancement through interactivity and engagement.
There are more than 15 digital marketing institutions in Kolkata which provide courses in digital marketing with the choice of online and offline training, dedicated to suit the needs of the people to make the course of digital marketing worth time, effort, energy and benefit. The digital marketing salary is also decent in Kolkata – Rs 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 per anum.
Diploma in Digital Marketing and Digital Marketing process
A postgraduate or diploma in digital marketing is a 1-year course, anyone who has to do diploma in digital marketing must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university, but this is not it, these are the eligibility criteria for the entrance examination, an individual has to pass the entrance examination to get an admission in an institute for the diploma course. The diploma in Digital Marketing helps you increase your digital marketing salary.
The digital marketing process incorporates Research. One has to be smart enough to use the time judiciously and secure content which is authentic and engaging; it is very important to keep customer behaviour in mind and their satisfaction as the topmost priority.
Future Of Digital Marketing
It is no surprise that digital marketing is the future of marketing, with the increased use of the internet and the flexibility the internet provides, its quality to save time and effort has made it not only a very viable option but also an attractive offer. Digital marketing has the strength and quality of reaching a large audience and targeting the right audience with the help of the internet and great connectivity; one can receive instant feedback and quickly analyze the nature of demand, the problems, what product or service it lacks.
Digital marketing is impactful and has the power to create an impact which is intended to be made. The digital marketing salary is also lucrative. One can earn between Rs. 2,40,000 to 6,00,000 Lakhs with some certifications and experience. The results are measurable, and our work economical. With the advancement in technology and everything getting digitized, the future of digital marketing is good.