Dahi Paneer recipe happens to be a yummy North-Indian dish where you cook the recipe of Paneer with creamy yoghurt gravy. It is absolutely easy to prepare and serves as a healthy & classic recipe when you desire for that restaurant-style cottage cheese curry.
Packed with the goodness of taste, aroma and flavour and palate, you can likewise prepare this recipe of Paneer while you have visitors arriving home for dinner or lunch along with your full-course meal.
There are multiple options to serve your yummy Dahi Paneer Recipe along with Tomato Onion, Cucumber Raita, Palak Dal, Phulka, Jeera Rice, or Mixed Salad for a tasty weekend feast.
You can make it super quick, and it is also effortless to make this gravy by applying Paneer and yoghurt. It fits flawlessly well with naan bread or plain roti. Together, it makes a super delicious dish.
I made this recipe recently as I was craving for a change in my taste palate. Regular non-veg methods were turning out to be boring. So, I thought of trying a vegan recipe of Paneer. And guess what? It turned out to be delicious.
My husband loved it more than anything else. Not just it tasted beautiful, but, I felt it was effortless and one of the most natural paneer recipes that I have ever made. With only a few ingredients, this recipe deserves a share. So, I thought of sharing this recipe with you. Without a further wait, let’s start with the vegan dish steps.
Hope you all will give it a try! Also, do not to forget to let me know about your experiences.
Dahi Paneer Recipe | Quick Facts
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Course: Lunch or Dinner
- Diet: High Protein Vegetarian
- Equipment Used: Choice Push Button Induction Cooktop, Non-stick induction-proof frypan, Regular Chopping Board, Knife, Vegetable Peeler
Ingredients for Dahi Paneer Recipe Masala
- Prep in: 65 Mins
- Cooks in: 15 Mins
- Total in: 80 Mins
- Makes: 4 Servings
Paneer recipes require some a few essential elements that are readily available at home. However, if you want to modify the constituents, you can add two or more of your choice. Here are some of the primary ingredients I have used in this recipe:
- 200 grams of Paneer or Cottage Cheese
- Fresh Green Chillies – Slit
- Two Medium-sized Potatoes – Chopped
- One cup of Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) – finely chopped
- One teaspoon – Cumin powder (Jeera)
- Two teaspoon – Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- One tablespoon – Garam masala powder
- 2 Bay leaves, 2 Cardamom, 2 inch Cinnamon
- 100 gram – Curd (Yogurt/Dahi)
- One tablespoon – medium-fat spread (Margarine)
- 2 Onions – sliced ( optional )
- One tablespoon – Red Chili or Kashmiri Chili powder
- 50 grams – Fresh cream ( optional )
- Mustard Oil
- Salt to taste
- Tomato sauce
- One tablespoon – Kasuri Methi or Coriander Leaves, to garnish
- One tablespoon – Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon – Turmeric powder (Haldi)
How to make Dahi Paneer Recipe | Instructions
- To start with Dahi Paneer recipe, cut the paneer cube into square pieces. Then, wash, peel and chop the potatoes, slit the green chilis and keep it aside.
- You must wash the capsicum first, and then slice it into pieces. Then take bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and put them in a bowl. Then, take cumin powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder as per your requirements.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon—Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add green chilli, cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and simmer for a while.
- To prepare the veggies, add chopped potatoes, onions, and capsicum. Stir for 2 mins and add one cup of whisked curd in the pan. To make the Dahi paneer masala for this recipe, add one cup of water and a tablespoon of salt in a heavy-bottomed pan on low heat. Simmer for 5 mins. Now, add onions and saute till the onions are reddish and turn soft.
- After the entire thing is mixed, cover the pan with a lid for 5 mins. Now, it is the time when you rest in between cooking the recipe.
- After 5 minutes, when smoke starts emitting from the edges of the pan, remove the lid let the gravy cook for 2 mins till the capsicum and potatoes become a little soft.
- Once done, add two tablespoons of tomato salt, add one tablespoon of salt, one tablespoon of sugar and give it a right mix. Allow it to for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- After finishing cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, lower the flame cook the entire curry for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can grill or shallow fry the paneer pieces on a non-stick pan using soybean or sunflower oil as needed. Make sure to cook both the sides of PaneerPaneer till it becomes golden brown. But, I prefer to add them raw.
- Now, add half tablespoon of margarine or fresh cream and remix the entire curry. After 2 mins, when the gravy turns thick, add the fried or raw paneer cubes and blend everything accurately.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and finally garnish it with Kasuri methi or chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Dahi Paneer Recipe with Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita, Palak Dal, Phulka, Jeera Rice, or mixed Salad for a perfect weekend meal.
My Pictorial Representation of Dahi Paneer Recipe | A Step by Step Guide
- Step 1: Cut the paneer cube into small square pieces and set them aside.
- Step 2: Finely chop the potatoes and capsicum for adding into the Dahi paneer gravy.
- Step 3: Slit the green chillis.
- Step 4: Heat mustard oil in a pan and simmer for 2 mins.
- Step 5: Add bay leaves, cardamom and cinnamon in the heated oil.
- Step 6: Add green chilis, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Step 7: Add potatoes and capsicum.
- Step 8: Mix it well and fry the entire mixture for 2 mins.
- Step 9: Add curd and water.
- Step 10: Simmer for 5 mins and cover with a lid.
- Step 11: After removing the lid, add tomato sauce.
- Step 12: Simmer for 10 mins and add margarine.
- Step 13: After cooking 5 mins, your Dahi paneer recipe is ready to serve.
Health Benefits of Paneer Or Cottage Cheese That You May Not Know
You may know how to cook Paneer, but do you know that it comes with lots of health benefits, other than its delicious taste? Probably not! Well, to your surprise, cottage cheese or Paneer is said to benefit your health in spectacular ways. Find it out yourself.
1. High Protein Source
You can consider cottage cheese as a root source when it comes to protein. Depending on the variety of diary used for making Paneer, the protein amount varies from brand to brand. However, it would be best if you can make it at home. Also, it is high in iron. Other than that, almost all fundamental minerals like magnesium, PotassiumPotassium and calcium are present in abundant quantities in cottage cheese.
2. Paneer Increases The Strength Of Bones And Teeth
Cottage cheese remains one of the most suitable sources of calcium. Professionals state that it can satisfy 8% concerning the regular recommended amount. One hundred gms of cottage cheese possesses a vast 83 grams – protein! Sufficient calcium levels assure healthy teeth, bones, heart tissues and steady nerve functioning too. Thus, a dahi paneer recipe can be useful.
3. Maintains Blood Sugar Levels
Cottage cheese can improve your levels of blood sugar too. Loaded with magnesium, that can check the unfortunate spikes but also ensure healthy heart health. Thus, you can have an immune system, and cottage cheese has loads of health benefits. The abundant in protein characteristic of Paneer additionally helps the passive release of blood sugar and inhibits steep hike and drop in your blood sugar levels.
4. Beneficial For Heart Health
Cottage cheese can serve to work wonders when it comes to your heart health. It includes Potassium that is said to play an essential part within the fluid balance concerning the body. Furthermore, your kidneys represent a crucial part of maintaining your blood pressure by restraining the volume of fluid collected within your body. The concept is easy, more fluid – more pressure. Thus, a dahi paneer recipe is beneficial.
Potassium not just helps monitor the perfect fluid balance, although further deny the consequences of excess salt. Nonetheless, one needs to make sure that the cottage cheese is not excessively salty. The surplus sodium within the paneer recipes can wreak havoc when it comes to your heart health. Sodium and Potassium are both electrolytes. However, Potassium performs the fluid balancing function without the adversary side-effects of sodium.
5. Improves Digestion
Cottage cheese can likewise assist digestion. Cottage cheese possesses an adequate quantity of phosphorous that helps in metabolism and excrement. The magnesium present within cottage cheese can additionally inhibit constipation. Magnesium maintains a diuretic effect. It means it carries water within the stools, creating them softer and effortless to move through the abdominal walls. Thus, dahi paneer recipe can improve digestion.
So, here is an end to my Dahi Paneer recipe. The steps and pictorial representation of my recipe are stated above. Go through the steps, and if you feel lazy, go through the images. It works both ways for you.
If you love my Dahi Paneer Recipe and have tried it, make sure to let me know your views through the comments below. I would like to know how it turned out for you.
And, if you want to write for https://www.enchan-trixto.com/about-enchantrixto/, make sure to subscribe to the blog.