Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi, announced the creation of the PM-CARES Fund on Saturday to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. The PM-Cares stands for Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund. Through this fund, people from all walks of life can make donations to assist the Government in fighting against Coronavirus.
The PM-CARES Fund is created to alleviate the impact of Coronavirus. People can donate to the Pm-Cares Fund employing debit cards, credit cards, internet banking, UPI, NEFT, or RTGS. Prime Minister appealed to the citizens to contribute to this fund. He said this fund would cater to similar difficult situations if they happen in the future. Countless people have donated to the fund until now to fight against Coronavirus.
The largest lender of the country- State Bank of India (SBI) has requested the people of India to collaborate and help the nation in fighting this deadly disease. In a tweet, SBI mentioned that fighting COVID-19 is the need of the hour. So, let’s get together to assist the country in overcoming this pandemic. Make a difference by donating to the PM Relief Fund.
The procedure of Donate to the PM-CARES Fund
To be sure that your donated amount is going in the right hands, SBI has recommended three ways in which the citizens can make donations to the PM-CARES Fund. By making contributions from home, everyone can help the nation to fight away COVID-19.
To donate for the PM relief fund, follow these steps while donating to the PM-CARES Fund:
There various methods like Online Method, Fund Transfer & QR Code Method. Let’s discuss them below.
Online Payment Method:
- Firstly, proceed to pmindia.gov.in.
- Then, click on ‘Click Here for Donation Details.’
- Thirdly, either you use the QR code generated OR hit on ‘Click Here for Online Donation.’
- After that, mark the box and ‘proceed.’
- Next, choose ‘Donation’ in the payment category drop-down.
- Now, a form appears that the user has to fill and submit.
- Then, confirm your details on the Confirmation screen.
- Next, a list of payment options shows up. Just select the one that is suitable for you. Then ‘Click here’ at the relevant option.
- Finally, complete your payment. You will be redirected to the invoice page once you paid.
Fund Transfer Method:
Citizens and organizations can visit pmindia.gov.in and donate to PM-CARES fund using the following details:
- Account Name: PM CARES
- Account Number: 2121PM20202
- IFSC Code: SBIN0000691
- SWIFT Code: SBININBB104
- Bank and Branch name: State Bank of India. New Delhi Main Branch
- UPI ID: pmcares@sbi
The modes of payments that are available on the website pmindia.gov.in are:
- Debit Cards and Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- UPI (BHIM, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PayTM, Mobikwik, PhonePe, etc.)
Please Note – Contributions to this fund will be relieved from income tax under section 80(G).
QR Code Method:
You can scan and donate via BHIM UPI app.
Therefore, use any of these methods to contribute to the PM-CARES Fund to fight against Coronavirus.
Note: While making donations, the Government has warned donors against fake UPI IDs that are being circulated on the pretext of the PM-CARES Fund. PIB Fact Check tweeted that the correct UPI ID OF # PMCaresFunds is pmcares@sbi.