About Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles are the type of vehicles that run with the help of electric power, and it is also known as EV. An electrical vehicle battery is the primary source of propulsion in any of the electric vehicles; the electric energy is present in such rechargeable batteries. Such vehicles prevent pollution and encourage a green environment.
There are mainly three types of electric vehicles that are:
1) Battery electric vehicle
The BEV is one type of electric vehicle in which electrical energy is the only source of propulsion. The electrical power is there in high capacity battery packs, which helps to drive the entire EV on the road. These batteries are work as the backup source of the electrical powers. There are several electric vehicles charging stations through which people can charge their vehicles.
2) Hybrid electrical vehicle
In a hybrid electric vehicle, there are two drive systems included as a conventional fuel engine and electric drive. It also has the components of both internal combustion engine (ICE) as well as an electric vehicle, which includes the battery packs, ICE engines, fuel tanks, transmission, and electrical motors. Many HEVs have a small electrical motor as well as small battery packs, which gives low speed to the vehicles. In these types of electric cars, the only source of energy is fuel, but electrical power is the secondary source of energy in these types of cars.
If you are a scooter lover, check out The Future of 125 cc Scooter in India
3) Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (pHEV) is the same as those of Hybrid electric vehicle (HEV). But in with a difference! In this EV, the primary source of energy the electrical energy and not the fuel. These vehicles have really larger electrical drives with a large capacity of Ithe battery. In these vehicles, the fuel engine is designed for emergency purpose i.e., when the electrical energy gets exhausted.
How can an electric vehicle be charged?
An electric vehicle charging is easy and can be done anywhere in the charging station or any place where the outlet is available. Most of the time, the electric vehicle charge is done at home or the place of work. Public charging is available near the parking areas, gas station, grocery stores, etc.
How an electric vehicle can is better than a petrol vehicle
Electrical vehicle are really better than those of petrol vehicles because of many reasons, and the reasons are:
1) Cheaper to run: Electrical vehicles do not need petrol to run, and the electric vehicle charging is equal to the cost of one-liter petrol. So, it is really very cheap to drive this vehicle on the road. Once the electric vehicle battery charges adequately it will provide backup for more than 8 hours depending upon the capacity of the EV battery.
2) Charge up even at home: You can charge your electric vehicle at anywhere as it is as easy as charging your cell phone. Once you plug your vehicle in the charger point with the help of a charger at night, after that you will wake up with the full charge of the battery of your vehicle.
3) Pollution-free driving: Electrical vehicles never release any exhaust so, it does not cause any pollution to the environment. So, driving is comfortable, and also it is absolutely pollution-free.
4) Noise reduction: Vehicles which runs with the help of petrol cause lots of noise but these EVs do not cause much noise. As compared to petrol vehicles, the EVs curbs down a lot of noise pollution in the environment.
5) More efficient: The electrical vehicle converts almost 90% percent of the energy of the battery in the moving car. Whereas, the petrol or diesel vehicle can only convert 20% to 30% of energy in the vehicle.
Future challenges of motor vehicle
Price: The new electric vehicle is really too costly as compared to those of a petrol car. But it really requires less money to maintain it on and off the road. Therefore EVs offset the initial higher price of this vehicle. The cost of these cars will be nothing once the people get their benefits, which are generally not available in the petrol car.
Range: Most EVs do not run as far as a vehicle runs with petrol. The average kilometer run by the electric vehicle on the road is 30km, so with the increase in the number of electric cars, the battery power as well as number of charging stations should also be increased to increase the range of the motor vehicle. Till now, the plug-in hybrid electric vehicle gives a better range in the all-electric vehicle, so if you are really very concerned about the range, then you should buy such EV hybrid.
Battery reuse and recycling: If the life of the electrical vehicle comes to an end, then also there is much use of the electric vehicle battery. It can help to store the electricity from the solar PV panels. So, the electrical vehicle makers manufacture the batteries in this way so that they can be reused, recycle, return, capture, etc.
Some of the vital motor vehicle which can be seen on the road by 2025
1) Porsche Taycan
The cost of this car will be around $75,000 and will start in the year 2019.
2) Volkswagen I.D. Crozz
This electric car will be released by the year of 2020.
3) Volkswagen I.d
This car will be given the range up to 373 miles and will release by the year of 2020.
4) Tesla Model Y
This car will be also released in the year 2020.
5) Audi e Tron
It will give a range of 250 miles.
So, above we have given all the relevant information about the motor vehicle hope it will be very useful for you.