Shikakai Powder Image Gallery
Shikakai Powder for Hair Growth
For ages, Shikakai Powder has been a blessing for hair. It comes handy for hair care. The botanical name is Acacia Concinna. Shikakai brings excellent improvement in the hair texture. It contains herbal properties that nourish and cleanses the hair.
Shikakai is known to ensure strong and stunning hair. It is a wonderful hair care product, and you will find it in the tropical forests of India. Shikakai Powder is produced by crushing the seeds of Shikakai. This powder is useful to cure different hair and scalp issues. Shikakai is known as ‘Old is Gold’ hair cure fruit of India.
The use of Shikakai provides beautiful hair. This hair cure product contains ample of vitamins in it. Vitamin C, D, A, E, and K are present in Shikakai that helps in nurturing your hair. Antioxidants and micro-nutrients are present in Shikakai that nourishes the hair and promotes hair growth.
You can easily store Shikakai seeds for a year at home. It is a necessity to sundry the pods to store them in an airtight container. This bark of Shikakai trees contains a chemical compound called saponins.
Due to the presence of this compound, hair lathers up fairly when Shikakai mixes with water. Shikakai contains other significant compounds such as Tannins, Flavonoids, and Alkaloids. With the regular use of Shikakai powder, hairs attain a ‘Long’ life. It also controls hair breakage and makes your hair bouncy and stronger with a good shine.
How to Use Shikakai Powder for Stronger Hair
You can use the powdered Shikakai to get stronger hair in the following eight ways:
A) For Oily Hairs
- To cure oily hairs, you need dry Shikakai seeds, amla powder, and reetha seeds in the ratio of 1:2:1.
- Soak all the three ingredients in a pot overnight at room temperature.
- Next, boil this mixture for 20 minutes on low flame to soften seeds.
- Mash these seeds to get a pulp and do not strain the water as it helps in cleaning your hair.
- Finally, wash your hair using it. You will gain beautiful hair.
- This lotion can be used 2 or 3 times a week.
WANT TO LOOK YOUNG FOREVER? LEARN THE SECRETS: Lemon With Aspirin Tablets To Look Younger Forever
B) For Treating Dandruff
- Take neem powder, yogurt, and Shikakai Powder along with essential oil of your choice in the ratio 1:1:2.
- The use of essential oils for hair is ‘optional.’
- Make a sticky paste of all the three products in a bowl.
- Now, put it on your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with normal water.
- You can use it 2 to 3 times in a week to get Shining Hair.
c) Shikakai Use for Dry Scalp
- For curing dry scalp, take almond or olive oil, curd, and Shikakai Powder in the ratio of 2:1:2.
- Make a paste of all these ingredients.
- Now, use it to massage your scalp and leave it for 1 hour.
- After one hour, wash your hair.
- Whenever you decide of hair wash, you can massage your hair with this mixture.
d) Greasy Hairs Remedy
- You have to take egg whites, methi powder, green gram flour, and Shikakai powder in the ratio 1:1:1:2.
- Stir all these ingredients in a bowl to make a thick paste.
- You have to apply this mixture on your scalp for about 60 minutes.
- Then, you can wash your hair.
- This concoction can be used 2 to 3 times a week to attain beautiful hair.
e) Shikakai for Hair Fall Control
- Shikakai also helps in controlling hair fall and getting shining hair.
- You need to take gooseberry powder, soapnut powder, two whole eggs, and Shikakai powder in the ratio of 1:1:2:2.
- Blend all these four items using some hot water.
- Make a fine paste, but do not make it a fluid paste.
- Now, use this lotion firstly on your scalp, then on your hairs.
- Leave it for 25 minutes and wash it away with normal water.
- This lotion can be used at least two times in a week to have stronger hair.
f) Getting Rid of Hair Lice
- For controlling dead or alive hair lice, you have to take camphor oil, neem powder, sesame oil, and Shikakai Powder in the ratio of ½: 2: 1: 1.
- Take all these ingredients in a bowl and mix them well to get a liquid texture.
- Instead of adding water, you can combine sesame oil.
- Now, put this mixture on your hairs and scalp for 20 minutes.
- After the stipulated time, spread a paper on the floor and use a beautiful teeth comb to remove hair lice.
- You can use this lotion three times in a week to end hair lice entirely.
g) Split Ends Cure using Shikakai
- Take Shikakai seeds and coconut oil in the ratio of 2:1.
- Boil both these items in a pan for 20 minutes.
- Next, cool down the mixture, strain the oil and massage your hair using it.
- You can use this prepared oil instead of regular oil before the head wash.
- This oil will offer you stronger hair.
h) Shikakai for White and Gray Hairs
- For this, take reetha powder, henna powder, amla powder, Shikakai powder, bhringraj or fenugreek powder, coconut oil, and water in the ratio of 1: 1: 1: 1: 1: 2: 1.
- Take these ingredients and combine them well using coconut oil and water.
- Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture. Leave it for a night.
- Next, use a hairbrush to put it on your scalp and hairs for 30 minutes.
- Your hair will get long and steady.
- Then, clean your hair with water.
- You can use it once a week to get shiny hair.
Thus, Shikakai Powder is a safe hair cure product. You will gain many benefits while using Shikakai. So, get stronger hair by using Shikakai regularly.
Credits – Ms. Unnati Katiyar